These twelve men were sent out by Jesus with the following instructions:
”Go and preach; the Kingdom of Heaven is near!” Mt 10:57
Faith Ambassadors at St Mary’s Catholic Primary School
By living out our school Mission Statement ‘Learning Together in Faith and Love’, we ensure that the Gospel values are central to everything we do and say in our school community.
The children who become Faith Ambassadors are selected for this special vocation because they are a shining example to their friends and actively live out their faith as modern day disciples.
Faith Ambassadors meet monthly at lunchtimes with Mrs Tusting and Mrs Beurthe.
With the support of Mrs Tusting and Mrs Beurthe, our Faith Ambassadors are an integral part of our school community who help strengthen pupil's faith and spread God's word.
Faith Ambassador Pledge
I pledge to take an active role in ensuring that worship, prayer and spirituality are important parts of the school life here at St Mary’s Catholic school.
I pledge to be a joyful witness of Jesus in our school and ensure that all pupils can strengthen their faith and spread God’s word with our help.
Some of the jobs of the Faith Ambassadors include:
- Both leading and assisting with prayer and meditation sessions in key stage and class worship;
- Raising focus on Marian Feast Days this year, e.g. Presentation of the Lord on 2nd February, The Feast of Annunciation on 25th March
- Assisting in planning and preparing school Masses and Liturgies;
- Help with RE displays and key areas around the school;
- Talking to others about their faith;
- On occasion, with parental permission, come to school early to lead the school staff in prayer;
- Creating resources to be used in prayer across the school;
- Meeting with the School Council to discuss Charitable Outreach;
- Monitoring classroom prayer areas;
- Looking after the school Prayer area in the school hall;
Faith Ambassadors at St Mary’s school in 2022 – 2023